Equipment Ergonomics and ROV Operations Optimisation...
Operating Procedures Optimisation for maximising safety of involved personnel...
Up-Front Inspectability and Maintainability Reviews of components and associated ROV running tools...
Design Review of equipment and associated special equipment for optimising installation works reversibility...
WITS Engineering can help you answering some of key questions raising from designing, installing, inspecting and maintaining Subsea equipment:
- How to deliver reliable, inspectable and operations-friendly equipment (from your own design department or your suppliers/partners)?
- Which surveillance plan should be implemented during the equipment life to prevent from critical failures?
- Is an emergency response plan relevant and how to be prepared to recover from a critical failure?
Areas Of Expertise
Installation and Repair Works Engineering
- Lifting, deployment and installation of subsea structures and components.
- Underwater connection procedure using specific divers or ROV tooling.
- Mooring systems installation.
- Pipeline and riser systems construction, laying and repair
- Pigging operations and hydrotesting.
- Inspectability review studies and recommendations for design upgrades and/or dedicated monitoring systems during front end or basic engineering phase (EPCC Contract specifications).
- Monitoring devices fabrication, Qualification & Testing programme and integration close follow-up.
- Recommendations for surveillance programmes (inspection & Monitoring Plan), definition of field operations early alarms (key performance indicators), in particular on critical components.
- Implementation of equipment criticality analysis and definition of risk models for optimizing inspection works : Risk-Based Inspection (RBI).
- Writing of inspection manuals applicable to the Subsea equipment (including 3D illustrated worksheets and reporting forms…).
- Preparation of Inspection Campaigns call for tenders.
Integrated Subsea Inspection Services
- Definition of inspection program in line with Clients and regulation requirements.
- Detailed Inspection Task List and Site Worksheet Preparation.
- Tasks Sequence Optimisation and Baseline Schedule Definition.
During Site Operations:
- Calibration and set-up of ROV /Divers tooling.
- Inspection Works 'live' reporting and supervision (incl. schedule management).
- Subsea Video and picture management 'on the go'.
- Illustrated Daily Reporting.
Back Office Works:
- Consolidation of Offshore gathered data.
- Deep /further analyses as required.
- Close Out Reporting and associated recommendations.
- Database Consolidation and delivery (under different formats).
- Maintainability aspects (ROV access & modularity, spare parts recommendations…) during engineering phases.
- Optimisation of local service contracts to maintain availability of supplier stock management and ROV tooling maintenance during field operations phase.
- Reviewing of supplier’s installation documentation, analysis of repair scenarios during engineering phases.
- Defining potential engineering studies (design & installation engineering), spare parts /installation aids and associated recommendations based on well defined selection criteria (repair ability, spare part inter-changeability, spare parts direct and indirect costs to repair mean ratio…) for the field operations phase.
Emergency Response Engineering
- Performance of failure susceptiblity and severity classifications as well as criticality evaluation of the equipment (from supplied documentation analysis FMECA, RAM).
- Definition of repair solutions, associated contracting strategies and possible synergies of repair means utilisation based on customers requirements (production availability, local logistic and contract agreement constraints…).
- Performance of basic and detailed engineering for complete repair package solutions (scope of work, intervention support, cost & schedules, HAZID /HAZOPS definition…).